Wednesday, February 01, 2006

One man's quest for happiness

In today's NPR forum, there was a discussion about 'happiness'. There was a good quote there. Happiness is about 'having something to do, someone to love and something to hope for'. It made a lot of sense at that time and sounded good but can I use it to advance my daily life - I havent still got an answer :)

Darrin McMahon, author of "Happiness: A History.", mentioned that money is not a source of happiness. I have heard this rhetoric earlier in college and other forums. But this author qualified his claim by saying that money is a source of happiness only when you were in abject poverty. Other than that, the effect of extra money will only linger for so long before you reach your original level of happiness and he quoted examples about lottery winners. 5-6 months after they hit the lottery, they are either at the same level of happiness or worse when compared to the level of happines before they got the lottery. I can be a guinea-pig. Does anyone want to do this experiment on me? $10 million is a good start. Call me back in 6 months :))

Yours truly
sai

1 Comments:

At 3:25 PM, Blogger Pya said...

Dude. It's been 3 months. Publish your drafts man! (I hope you been making drafts!!!)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home